Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tax time

"To fulfill a dream, to be allowed to sweat over lonely labor, to be given a chance to create, is the meat and potatoes of life.  The money is the gray."  Bette Davis

Last night I sat down with the dreaded tax forms.  I began to fill them out, while I was watching hockey, the Capitals versus the  Wild, while waiting for the Blues game to start. This is not something I love to do filling out tax forms.  I understand the need for taxes, but why do the forms have to be so convoluted? I got to the tuition credit line which is back on the tax form for 2007. Well of course I need another form to even figure out if I can put anything on this line.  And there are, of course, two different places that you can get a credit or deduction for tuition paid and two different forms.  So I neatly placed my stack of paperwork on the table, put the animals to bed, and went to my bedroom to watch the Blues play hockey.

Tonight I will return to the dreaded forms and see if I can make any sense out of them. I generally always pay taxes, as opposed to getting a return, as I have to pay taxes on the alimony, which the courts now call maintenance, but the IRS still calls alimony, that I get because my husband jumped ship! I have to get the blasted thing filled out by this weekend because my daughter needs the information to fill out her FAFSA form, so that she can actually go to school next year.!

I could use some gravy!

No comments: