Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow Angels


 I used to love to make snow angels when I was a little girl.  When it snowed
we took every opportunity to play in the snow and go sledding.  Living in Alton there were hills everywhere to sled down.

This morning I woke up at 6:30 turned on the radio and Ed said we had 7.2 inches of snow with 1-3 in. still to come,  so I rolled over snuggled in and slept until 9am.  I got up fed the cats and looked out the window.  Sure enough there was a bunch of snow on the driveway.   I woke up with a tremendous headache and couldn't face shoveling yet so I made some oatmeal and some Highlander Grog coffee, built a fire in the fireplace and settled in with a movie.  At about 10:45 I decided to go and try to shovel some of the driveway.

I opened my garage door and much to my surprise and amazement my driveway was entirely shoveled!   I could hardly believe it,  how could I be so lucky.  My snow angel had come and cleared my drive and the path to the front door.   No my angel did not stop to tell me that he had done this for me.  I felt really grateful because my headache was not any better.


I would love it if my snow angel would disclose himself, so I could with much gratidue thank him.      

No comments: