Monday, February 18, 2008

Happiness

"Successful people live well, laugh often and love much. They've filled a niche and accomplished tasks so as to leave the world better than they found it, while looking for the best in others and giving the best they have."  Ralph Waldo Emerson


I happen to be an enormous fan of Ralph Waldo Emerson.  His writings seem to speak to me in a way very few others do.

This last weekend was a very busy one.  I am feeling quite exhausted on this Monday morning.  We had ice hockey on Friday and Saturday.  The game on Friday left me feeling very upbeat.  I woke up Saturday in a cheerful mood, ready to get things done.  I had to balance the checkbook and pay the bills, go to the grocery store and Prairieland Feed to get pet food.  Janet needed a ride someplace and Regena needed a ride to work.  As I was driving around I was noticing how beautfiul the woods look and how lovely the day was. It was rather warm and I was in good spirits.  I accomplished all of my tasks, made a Spanish Tortilla for supper and headed off to get the girls for the game on Saturday night.

Well, the previous game between Lindenwood and Ohio State was headed into overtime as we got to the ice arena.  They said it would be at least 30 minutes more before the Illini game would start.  So we went in to watch the overtime.  It was sudden death overtime, but it went well into 16 minutes before Lindenwood scored a short handed goal to win.  I was not sure who I wanted the Illini to play for the championship, so I really wasn't rooting for either of the teams to win.

All of this meant that the Illini game started well after 8 pm and went past 10:30pm.  It was very exciting and we won, but by this time I was getting tired.  I was also over stimulated so I didn't get to sleep until after 1:00am.  

Got up for church at 8:00am, spent some time with Regena watching a movie after church, then off to a Sunday salon concert at Krannert.  But also listening to the Illini Championship game, which I had so wanted to attend.

This story is leading up to the big finale.  Too much weekend!   I really didn't want to get up for work today.  My cheerful Saturday mood turned into a less cheerful Monday mood.  I lost the garage door closer somewhere between the door and the car!  I spent 10 minutes backtracking trying to find it!~  Turns out it had fallen in my gym bag!    So here's hoping the rest of Monday turns out better than the beginning!    Oh and by the way the Illini  won on Sunday making them undeafeated at 32-0-0  and the champions of the CSCHL!  

No comments: