Monday, February 4, 2008

In Need of Inspiration


"There are only two ways to liver your life. One as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."   Albert Einstein


It's February.  I woke up this morning feeling very uninspired.  It's Monday.  I don't like having to get out of my comfy bed to get up and get ready for work.   And did I mention it is February?  I am not really a morning person, but I like to get to work early to get the day going and to be alone in my office for a couple of hours before everyone else gets here.  Now I truly love my co-workers, but the quiet of my office in the early morning hours is really  nice.

So I forced myself out of bed, showered,   fed the cats and dogs and fish. Put together my lunch and grabbed a yogurt and fixed my soy milk with flax oil to take with me.  I folded Janet's laundry.  I made sure I had my cell phone and glasses in my bag, I didn't want to forget anything (I have been known to forget my glasses and/or cell phone on occasion). I brought the dogs in from outside and gave them a treat.  I  grabbed the bag Janet's laundry, my bag of workout clothes and sneakers, and my work bag and happily headed out the door. All of this in 45 minutes! I felt like I was ahead of the game. About one and one half blocks from home I remembered I forgot my cup of soy milk.  I left it sitting right next to where I picked up all those bags!  Well  that made me feel even more uninspired.  I am forgetting more and more things and it seems I am always 5 minutes late for everything.  I used to always be early!

So I started looking for inspiration when I got to work.   First I saw this quote by Einstein hanging by my desk,  then I found this photo of  Stirling Scotland with Wallace Monument and a view of the Highlands.   Suddenly, I remembered how truly blessed I have been and should always remember how to live as though everything is a miracle! I am feeling more and more inspired.

No comments: