Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Brrrr!

In the bleak midwinter Frosty wind made moan, Earth stood hard as iron, Water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, Snow on snow, In the Bleak mid winter, Long ago. Christina Rossetti

This morning, this poem came to mind. The earth really has turned to stone!  
I am finding it hard staying optimistic in the mornings when I wake up so early and so cold.
I am sorely tired of the cold. 
My hands are so cold when I enter the building at work at 6:30am that I can barely turn the key
in the lock. It takes 15 minutes for them to warm up.

I normally love winter and don't complain much. 
I mean I love snow and we haven't had all that much, and I love ice hockey and 
those two things only happen in winter. Speaking of ice hockey,
I watched the Blues win against LA Kings last night. I am cheering the Blues on to a
playoff spot. They have to work really hard to get one.
The Fighting Illini hockey team takes on Robert Morris College on Friday night
in the CSCHL tournament right here in Urbana Champaign
and we have reserved front row seats!

Okay, I am starting to feel more optimistic and my hands are getting warmer!

Oh yes, and I woke up to the lovely sound of NPR telling me that Obama
now has more delegates than Hillary. But not by much.
Anyway he took all three primaries yesterday. I actually smiled before I got out of bed.
Lets hope he can take some more and rack up a few more super delegates!

No comments: