Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekends


"Light be the Earth upon you, lightly rest." Euripides  

Weekend,  the end of the week, time to rest.  I truly enjoy my weekends, especially when I live them spontaneously.  It if fun to have set plans sometimes, but oh, for those days that I may just decide on a whim what the day will hold in store.

This last weekend I did exactly that.  It was my birthday on Sunday.  I did a few dishes, but not much else in the form of  house keeping.  I just played.  My fun actually began on Friday at lunch.  My friends took me to lunch and we had a marvelous time. They are also very generous with their gift giving.  It always warms my heart.  Then another friend took me to supper on Friday.  What a wonderful way to start the weekend sharing time with friends.

On Saturday I  went to the movies with some friends, then shared the evening with my daughters eating pizza and watching movies. Then on Sunday, after church, we ate cake for breakfast!  There were presents galore! I don't usually like to be the center of attention, but what fun I had! We played some games, then my girls took me out to lunch at one of the newest attractions in town, Carmon's Creperie.  I enjoyed a very delicious Bloody Mary ( recommend them at this restaurant) and very good crepes.   Then back home to watch a movie that made us all sob unceasingly. Then it was time for the girls to go back to the dorm and to work. 

I took R to work and went into the bookstore to spend a gift certificate that I was given by a dear friend.  I found Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation on dvd and was thoroughly excited. I had her fix me a cherry-almond French soda and I just relaxed.

Another friend came over and brought me a present and watched a movie, between the time I dropped R off at work and had to go and pick her up.  Then R came home with me to munch on some veggies steamed dumplings and watch--wait for it--   another movie!

Yes indeed you can see movies make me happy( well and sad too when they are really good).

So I recommend a weekend of spontaneity, when ever possible. 

No comments: