Friday, March 28, 2008

New and Exciting


"Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here." J. K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Right now I am listening to a compilation of music from Bollywood films.  My beautiful daughter made a cd for me.  I have been contemplating how much fun I have had watching these “new” films with her and enjoying the music.

 

For me, getting really excited about something new; music or movies, makes life fun. I still love all the “old” music and movies, but the thought of something totally new to me keeps me totally bursting with anticipation of the next movie or music to immerse myself in.

 

I have something to look forward to again.  It also works like this, for me, with books. If I find an author I truly enjoy, I wait in joyful anticipation for the next book and the next.  It can be any sort of book, if I enjoy the author.  I don’t always like the most critically acclaimed books and I often enjoy just plain fluff.

 

Television shows that I really love are like this too. I can’t wait for the next show. Although, there are fewer television shows that I love as opposed to movies, music and books.

 

Thinking about something new, awaiting somewhere in time, keeps me excited.

No comments: