Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Returning to my childhood


I spend a great deal of time these days thinking about when I was a little girl. Maybe I am bored or just plain tired of the way the world is these days and I want to return to a time when life was fun and so much simpler.  


Right now I am thinking of A&W Rootbeer.  My new favorite soda is Diet A&W Rootbeer.  I treat myself to one once a week now.  I try not to drink so much soda these days and I have gone to diet because I am watching my blood sugar levels.  So I indulge with a Diet A& W rootbeer and a bag of popcorn once a week while watching a movie.

I think about the days when I was a little girl and my mommy and daddy would load us into the station wagon and take us to the A& W stand.  We could order from the car and they would bring out my baby root beer in a frosty mug.  Life could not get sweeter than this!  

I had a simple and very happy childhood.  Small things like going for a rootbeer were so much fun.   I try now that I live in this world were instant gratification is expected most of the time, and things seem to cost so much, to remember how good life was with the simple pleasures.  It costs me less than $2 to enjoy a diet A& W, a bag of popcorn and a good movie! For these times I am most grateful. 

1 comment:

The Every Day Dad said...

Love me some A&W. We had one of those little mugs for years in our house and for our family, when I was a little whippersnapper, it was a wonderful time and a long-lasting memory.