Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Feeling Sad


Well I really want this blog to be upbeat and optimistic, except this morning I am not feeling upbeat.  Movies and actors are among my favorite things in life.  I really should have been a film critic, or involved in the entertainment world in some way.  I truly love the art of film.

The entertainment world lost a promising young actor yesterday.  I was working out on the elliptical jogger and staring stupidly at the television as I counted down to 30 minutes of jogging. I saw a photo of Heath Ledger on the screen and the terrible caption Heath Ledger found dead in NYC.   I felt so shocked and saddened that I almost couldn't finish out the 30 minute jog.

What a waste of a life. He was 28 years old and apparently took a drug overdose.  I will miss his brilliant smile and his talent for making characters become real.

No comments: