Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Have I forgotten something?

This weekend I had a wonderful time. All of my children where home. We went to the hockey game on Friday. Everything seemed right with the world.  I didn't get much done around the house but that was okay.  I went to the ballet on Saturday with Regena, Swan Lake, my favorite.

Then I had a day off on Monday for Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday. Well I am here to say that so much variance in my routine was not good for my menopausal memory!  I forgot several things.  I am not used to forgetting things.  I had made and appointment to have my will written at 9:00am on Monday morning.  I put it on my ICalendar with an alarm to remind me to go. The only problem is that I wasn't at work on Monday morning at 8:45am. In fact I was sleeping in at home since I didn't have to go to work!

Well I remembered at 11:15am that I had missed an appointment, so I called and confessed what a nut I had been and they rescheduled me for 1:30pm.  I felt really bad though. So I got the will thing done.

Regena had called to ask me for a ride to work at 4:40pm. Unfortunately she called me early in the day.  I picked Janet up at around 2:30pm so she could pick up her laundry that she had done at home on Sunday.  Then I went back home and made a fire in the fireplace and started doing some of the chores I had set out for Monday.  I had gotten out some boxes that I have been saving for years and years, of things that belonged to Ryan, Regena and Janet.  I took a walk down Memory Lane.  Looking at the little outfits that I had saved from when Ryan was a baby, made me tear up. Well Ryan didn't really want any  of those things, as he has no plans to have children.  So I had all of these things laid out all over the family room, trying to figure out what in the world I should do with it all. Regena and Janet got into all of their old books on Sunday, I guess we all needed to walk down Memory Lane, and those are still in the family room. Well I am digressing; back to the story...

I was all busy arranging things and enjoying a warm fire when Regena called at 4:45pm.  "Are you not on your way?" Regena said.  I thought "oh crap". I told her "Good thing you called, I'll be there in a few minutes."  Well she was only 5 minutes late for her job! But I felt terrible.  I never used to forget anything.

So the moral of this story is for menopausal women, make lots of notes and don't vary your routine!




No comments: