Thursday, January 24, 2008

Exercise

"I've never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting."  Mark Twain



For many, many years I was exactly like Mark Twain.  Exercise
bah, I walked and cleaned house. I hated exercising, or being told I should!


Well, now that I am older and wiser, I have realized that maybe exercise is a good thing!
As my cholesterol numbers climbing the charts, and the doctor kept telling me to get some exercise, a fantastic thing happened to me.  



A co-worker mentioned a new workout place very close to our building.  The most exciting part was that is was affordable.   For only $10 a month, I can work out at WORK OUT 24 as often as I wish.  They even provided a trainer at no extra cost.



Well 45 weeks ago I signed up and got started!  Guess what,  I love exercising!!
I never would have believed those words would come out of my mouth.  I go to the gym 5 days a week (well sometimes I only get there 4 days).  I have a weight training program that I follow including weight machines and free weights.  I also do cardio on the elliptical jogger for 30 minutes a day.  If something comes up that I can't get to the gym ( which I don't let happen too often)  I really miss it.  


I am amazed at how toned my muscles are now and how much better everything feels.  Oh my lower back still hurts and probably always will , but as long as I stretch, I am good to go!



So here I am at 52 extolling the virtues of exercise!   It really is the poor woman's plastic surgery!    I really hope that when I get the blood test for cholesterol, that all this wonderful exercise pays off.  It certainly has paid off in other ways!

No comments: