Friday, January 2, 2009

January 2009


"There is no remedy for love  but to love more." Henry David Thoreau


Well I have been gone from blogging for a  bit.  I have been so busy at work, then I was on a two week vacation for the holidays.  But, probably the biggest reason I have been on a blogging hiatus is the fact that I am so happy with Steve.

So I apologize to the two of you who read my blog( okay maybe it is the 4 of you).  

2009 promises to be a fantastic year for me as I am starting it with a wonderful man whom I adore.

I have had the best time since I met him in August.  We took a magical trip to Chicago on Dec. 19 and 20th to see Madama Butterfly at the Lyric Opera.  We saw the Aztec World exhibit at the Field Museum and then headed over to Shedd Aquarium.  We got the rare opportunity to see the Saw Fish in the large aquarium room.  They say she doesn't come out all that often and spends most of her time in the deepest part of the ocean.  It was truly a magical day.  

We stayed at the Palmer House and walked the 6 blocks to the Lyric on Saturday evening.  The gently falling snow made the walk so pleasurable.  Steve carried my shoes in his coat pockets.  Okay,  i had to wear my street shoes for the walk, because of all the snow, but the heels were so perfect with the outfit, and the pants were way too long without heels!  I had to hold my pants up away from the snow, because they would not stay rolled up.  So Steve ended up carrying my clutch also.  I remarked at how beautiful his bag was!   The opera was so wonderful and the walk home in the snow, which was still falling was delightful.  Then we finally found a seat in the lobby of the Palmer House ( the place was always packed with people)  and had a glass of red wine sitting by the Christmas tree.  We got to have many conversations over the weekend, but that one was very special.

On Sunday we headed home to Urbana, picked up the girls and drove to Alton for Christmas with my family.  Steve got to meet everyone  and that is saying a lot,  I think there were 29 of us at my sisters!  

So Happy New Year to everyone.

No comments: