Wednesday, January 14, 2009


The aging process has you firmly in its grasp if you never get the urge to throw a snowball.  
Doug Larson

Driving to work this morning, was just a bit hazardous. But, totally beautiful. I awoke to two inches of powdery, gorgeous snow!

I proceeded down the hallway to feed the herd, first the cats, then the fish and finally the dogs. When I opened the back door to let the dogs out for their early morning run and relief, my first thought was I wish this snow was wet enough to throw a snowball and make a snowman!

The city is not getting the roads cleared very quickly.  When you live in a town that gets snow, snow removal should be a priority, not a cut back.  I drove through 2 inches of snow on most of the roads on my route to work. Did not see one snow plow on the way!

It is so beautiful outside, not to mention cold, that I just want to go home, curl up by the fire and read a good book.  I am just about finished with Brisingr and have a whole stack of books that I am longing to get to.

Happy wintry snow day to everyone.

1 comment:

mad said...

I'm with you about the roads. Somebody at the county level needs to re-examine their priorities. I've never seen such bad road conditions as often as we've had this winter.