Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Feeling Hockey deprived


"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place." Mark Twain


Today I am in need of a lot of humor!  I am feeling hockey deprived.  I did get to go to a Danville Inferno game last Saturday and I really enjoyed it.  I watched some college hockey on T.V. the other day with J.  The University of New Hampshire pulled out a last minute upset against the University of Maine.  I think Maine must have out played UNH the entire first two periods,  but hey in hockey, you have to play until the end. I saw a minute of a NY Rangers/Penguins game. It was pretty exciting.  But I am longing to see the Fighting Illini! 

The second reason I could use a laugh is I somehow injured my knee and it hurt tremendously!
I think it happened when I lifted a heavy box of Christmas decorations to put away on Saturday.
I went to supper with J last night at our favorite Basil Thai in Urbana.  When I was getting in the car I felt a burning pain shoot through my knee.  Now I can barely bend it and am hobbling along.  I guess if it doesn't get better by next week, I will have to break down and see a doctor.

I do have to note that when I am with Steve he makes me laugh.  He is so kind and so funny.  We just have fun together, and I so enjoy laughing with him.  I get to see him once more before he leaves for China.  I am going to Steve deprived for 10 whole days.  I will certainly need someone to make me laugh then.

No comments: