Monday, February 23, 2009

What a weekend!

And the Oscar goes to.....


Slumdog Millionaire!  My pick!

My favorite thank you speech of the evening was by A. R. Rahman. "All my life I've had a choice between hate and love, and I chose love, and now I'm here," he said. 

I loved this film, and I love the music of A.R. Rahman.  I have seen several films that he did the music for.

I was a bit annoyed at the young male presenter who could not get the name correct!  

I loved seeing Danny Boyle and his Tigger impression!  He is a great director.

I was happy to see Kate Winslet win best actress and  Sean Penn for best actor. 

I thought the show was wonderful.  I could have had more Hugh Jackman! He was amazing as host.  While I enjoyed seeing the past Oscar winners for best actress and actor,  I could have done without the rather sappy  introductions , this is how wonderful you are, of the nominees.  I would rather have just seen the evidence by showing clips from their films.

All in in all I thought the show was fabulous.

On another event of the weekend,  I saw the opera Rappaccini's Daughter,  at Krannert  with Steve.  I have to say I think the set was absolutely amazing.  The make up and costumes were outstanding and the music was beautiful.  

No comments: