Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Moonstruck







Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn't know this either, but love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and *die*. The storybooks are *bullshit*. Now I want you to come upstairs with me and *get* in my bed! Ronny Cammareri


As I pulled out of the driveway this morning, the air was cool, the sky was black and as I looked up I saw an amazing site.  The full moon was hanging in the sky over the cornfield at the end of my street.  It was brilliantly bright white, with a gossamer cloud just floating by.  Well I was absolutely moonstruck.  A strange feeling of hope and calm and peace filled my soul.

Since I was moonstruck, I began to think of one of my favorite all time films, Moonstruck.  With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I started to think of my favorite movies of love.

Top 5

1. Moonstruck

2. Dr. Zchivago

3. Casablanca

4. It Happened One Night

5. Love Actually

okay 6

When Harry met Sally


What are your favorite films for Valentine's Day?

Here's is one of my favorite scenes: Moonstruck 


2 comments:

Angie said...

um confession: have never seen the movie Moonstruck. Can we still be friends?

Romantic Movies:

The Constant Gardner

Lady and the Tramp (Disney)

Jerry Maguire

Sense and Sensibility

Sabrina

I think my selections are a little quirky :)

A New Me said...

Okay, I haven't seen the Constant Gardener, but I love the rest. I should have gone with the top 20!
We can still be friends, but you should see Moonstruck, it is really quirky. Sabrina, with Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn? Do you not like Nicholas Cage?