Friday, February 20, 2009

TGIF


"Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

Well I am really glad it is Friday.  I am in need of a weekend!

The Fighting Illini are at home hosting Iowa State Friday and Saturday. These should be good games  and with only one more home game against ISU after the CSCHL tournament, hockey season is about to draw to a close. Five of our players were at the World games as part of Team USA.  We missed them and lost at home last weekend, which has not happened in a really long time!  You have to go back 10 years to see the Illini shut out, which happened on Saturday.  But they are representing the USA admirably.

So I am at the games, then at Krannert Center on Sunday afternoon with Steve to see Rappaccini's Daughter (opera).  Then the Oscars sunday night with Regena and her friends. Regena is going to have yummy snacks!  

I am feeling pretty upbeat after getting the results of my current blood work.  No cholesterol drugs for me! So I am really looking forward to some fun and rest this weekend.


No comments: