Thursday, May 8, 2008

Comfort


"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." Jane Austen



Snuggling up with a warm blanket and a cup of tea and a good book, on a cool spring, fall or winter evening is one of my favorite comforts in life. Have you ever felt just so comfortable and all your worries seem to fade away, if even just for a while?

Well that is the feeling I was experiencing last night.  You see, my youngest, J, moved back home from the dorm yesterday.  I experienced such a comforted feeling not being totally alone in the house for a change.

I was fairly tired after working all day, and went to bed around 10:00pm.  It was so nice to have someone say goodnight to me again. Then she said, "I am going to be banging around a bit will it bother you?  You see her room is right across the hall from mine, and she couldn't even get to her bed until she unpacked a few things.  So I said it would absolutely not bother me!  It is just so nice to have her home for the summer,  there won't be many more.

So I promptly feel asleep, happy and comfortable and never even heard her make any noise!

No comments: