Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Balance


"So divinely is the world organized that every one of us, in our place and time, is in balance with everything else."  Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


Driving to work this morning, I noticed how beautiful the rows of pink and white tulips in the garden of the house of the President of the University of Illinois looked.  They were so amazingly cheerful and lovely that I could not help but smile.

I imagined how lovely a vase of these would look on the table full of delicious delights I am planning for my daughter's graduation.

I love to throw a party!  I don't do it often, as it is rather expensive, but hey my girl is graduating from University.  I have taken the day before the party off work, I have made my lists; the menu and a shopping list.  I can hardly wait to get to the store to purchase the ingredients.  The only part of the whole affair that I don't enjoy is dusting and sweeping the house.  I don't mind the mopping,  just don't like the dust and dander that comes from having 5 animals in the house!  Who by the way will take up residence in my bedroom for the party, snacking and watching Animal Planet!

So, I don't always feel balanced in my place in the world, but today I do.

No comments: