Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What have you learned?


"I've learned that the great challenge of life is to decide what's important and to disregard everything else."  age 51


Some time ago my sister gave me a little book entitled Live and Learn and Pass It On.  It is a wonderful little compilation of good lessons people ages 5-95 have learned about love, life and other fun stuff.  It has made me think about things I have learned in my 53 years.  I have been enjoying reading this little gem and will probably be using some of life lessons to spur me on to write more. 

So for today; I've learned that no matter what you do in life, you cannot please everyone. 

Having the tree taken down yesterday made me feel sad and unsettled.  I have never had a tree removed, I have only planted them. But I thought long about doing it and I plan to plant a new tree in the backyard, farther away from the fence that won't be so worrisome.

No comments: