Tuesday, April 15, 2008

How to beat the blues

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."  Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


Lately, I have been feeling extremely blue and very dull. I have not had much interest in anything. I realize that much of my problem is hormonal, however, there is more to it than just hormones.   

I am feeling the lack of male companionship very deeply.  I have a treasure trove of friends, who I greatly enjoy being with and having fun with.  The absence of a man in my life is affecting my greatly at this time. Women and men are truly different creatures.  I have not felt like writing, or thinking or creating.  But, if i let myself fall into this pit, I may never be able to crawl out.

So I am going to put these thoughts on a shelf in the closet of my mind and find something to occupy myself.  I think a trip to the library is in order.  Hopefully, I will find some of the writings of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, who never ceases to inspire me.  I may also pick of my copy of Self-Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson and seek some inspiration.

Some people enjoy going through life alone,  and some it is forced upon. Whatever the case may be it is important to just keep going on.  Like Dorrie says in Finding Nemo,  Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great post!

Diane