Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dreams


IRELAND


CAPE COD




There is nothing dream to create the future. Utopia to-day, flesh and blood tomorrow. Victor Hugo

 

 

Giving up on a dream is one of the hardest tasks that I have endured.  The day I married I had a dream for the future.  I felt like I was living in that dream.  I had that dream for 17 years.  I brought two wonderful daughters into the world while living in that dream.

 

That dream died when my husband walked out for another woman.  It took me a long time to get over that dream.  But I finally began to dream new dreams.  The first dream ended abruptly and shattered my faith in men, again. 

 

But I dreamed a new dream.  Now finally that dream I have to put away.  I have to find a new dream to work toward.  It is not an easy task to give up on a dream for me. When someone hurts you and you know the best thing to do is walk away, leave the dream and move on, it is easier said than done.

 

The weight of the world seems to get heavier each year. The idea of being alone in this world is truly frightening. What I do know is that I must always find a dream, something that fills me with hope and joy and a longing to carry on.  I will be thinking of a new dream while awake and while sleeping.  I know I will find one.   I think perhaps my new dream will include a trip to County Cork Ireland and a visit to Cape Cod.

No comments: