Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Beauty


"Don't waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good."  Ralph Waldo Emerson 


I have been working on a project at work that I am truly enjoying doing.
Some projects are not as satisfying as others.  My mind has also been totally preoccupied with thoughts of the upcoming surgery my daughter must endure.  It is not life threatening, and she will recover and everything will be grand. 
Outside of her apartment is the most beautiful flowering tree. I have been wondering what sort of tree it is.  Today I found a picture of the tree.  It is a corneliancherry dogwood.  We are thinking that we would like to plant this tree in place of the black walnut that we took down.

My mood has been less that cheerful lately. I don't feel unhappy, just plain dull. So along with my favorite and always inspiring Ralph Waldo Emerson, I have a nice little "I've learned" to keep me inspired.   

"I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you.  But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you. Age 65






No comments: