Friday, October 10, 2008

FALL DAY


"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." Aristotle

We have  traditions at my workplace.  Four times a year we get together for lunch and we call these days Spring Day-or better known as Fish Day, Summer Day (hot dogs), Fall Day (barbecue sandwhiches) and Christmas Holiday(Papa Del's Pizza).  

These are truly amazing events.  We all bring in a dish to share; some bring in breakfast foods, such as tasty bagels, blueberry french toast, quiche;  some bring in tasty in between snacks, Tex Mex dip, salsa and chips, quacamole, cheese balls and cheese and crackers; some bring in dishes to accompany the sandwhich, such as potato salad, slaw, salads of all sorts  and some bring dessert!

This year we had delicious pulled pork bbq and sliced beef brisket from Foudini's.  It was so good I can't even do it justice with words.

It is a time of bonding and sharing and motivating us all to work and enjoy our work!

I ate myself into oblivion!  

As for the weekend,  I have no hockey game in town tonight, but I will attend the U of I homecoming parade and game with my friend Sandy.  I have a concert at Krannert on Sunday afternoon and a date in the evening.   I just might need Monday to recuperate from the weekend!  But, alas , I have to finish my presentation slides for the Midwest Archaeological Conference in Milwaukee, which I am leaving for next Thursday!  I will listening to the hockey game on WPGU  107.1!

No comments: