Monday, November 3, 2008

Life is good


"There is more difference in the quality of our pleasures than in the amount." Ralph Waldo Emerson 


Ah, November,  one of my favorite months.   The earth looks so beautiful dressed for autumn.  I hear people talk of dying and the coming of winter.  I get exhilarated in autumn.  I look forward to the winter, then the coming spring.  Autumn is my absolute favorite time of the year.  

The weekend was packed with fun and excitement.  I enjoyed a good game by the fighting Illini hockey team on Friday.  I sat next to Snow White!   The Illini won 7-1.  Then I moved my firewood to the back of the house on Saturday morning and headed over to the Illini football game with my friend Sandy. It was a pretty exciting game,  but let's face it football just isn't hockey!   After the game I headed over to watch the Saturday night hockey game,  yes indeed the won 6-0.

I got a phone call from my guy just as I was getting home from the hockey game.  He invited me to see My Fair Lady in Danville, put on by the Danville Light Opera.  That was a lot of fun, especially since I was with him.  We then went for a nice supper at The Possum Trot Supper Club.  That was a real treat, 1/2 slab of ribs with hot sauce, grilled asparagus and a delicious salad.  We then shared a piece of chocolate peanut butter pie.  Yummy!

We went back to my place, watched some tv, then put in Moonstruck.  It was a very pleasant evening.  Looking forward to our next date!

So I had both quality and quantity of pleasures this weekend.   Life is Good!

No comments: