Thursday, November 13, 2008

Music and the Full Moon


If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that , surfeiting, 
The appetite may sicken, and so die.
That strain again! it had a dying fall: 
O, it came o'er my ear like the sweet sound
That breathes upon a bank of violets, 
Stealing and giving odour!

William Shakespeare  from Twelfth night

More Shakespeare, which is quite appropriate for my evening entertainment will be Romeo and Juliet, the opera by Gounad.   I have never heard it, but I am looking forward to a splendid evening with Steve.  I hope the U of I school of opera does as good a job with this one as they did with La Boeheme .

The moon is full, I saw it in the western sky this morning driving to work.  It had just a few light wispy clouds around.  Last night the sky was shrouded in clouds and I was sad not to see the moon. Perhaps tonight, a clearer sky and a chance to see the beautiful moon with my guy.

No comments: