Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Something Positive


"There is a courtesy of the heart; it is allied to love.  From it springs the purest courtesy in the outward behavior."  Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


I have recently been sharing the most negative things about being single in my 50's.   Well to tell the truth, occasionally I have fun!

I have recently met a very nice man on, yes you guessed it, an internet dating website (not e-harmony).  After some careful conversation via anonymous e-mail, we met for coffee one Saturday evening. It went very well. While I was not overcome with attraction, no love at first sight thing here, I was interested.

When he e-mailed me to invite me to the Allerton Barn Music Festival,  I was happy to accept the invitation.  It turned out to be a wonderful evening.  Then he invited me to a cemetery walk with actors portraying the local town founders, Behind the Tombstones.  It was a beautiful day, we stopped at a vineyard for a wine slush (who knew that would be so tasty) and some pleasant conversation by a pond that was bordered by cattails.  Then after the cemetery a  delicious dinner at the Beef House.

On the drive home, he invited me to a movie the next day.  Now this is more than I am used to when I first date someone,  I mean he seems to like the very same things that I do!

It was a fun evening again.  Then I invited him to meet me in Urbana and head over to the Krannert Art Museum.  Well we spent two hours there!   How has this happened that I have met a man who enjoys art?

Next up is a Civil War re-enactment,  the battle of Chicamagua.  I am really looking forward to it.

I am not getting my hopes up for anything long term,  I am just enjoying spending time with and intelligent, thoughtful, fun guy, do things I like to do.  I almost feel as if I am in a dream.

Still looking for love, or someone who wants a long lasting relationship, but I am having a great time right now.  Who knows when it will happen?


1 comment:

Angie said...

And that is what is so great...you don't know what will happen. But keep me posted. I am living vicariously right now. (see you stop dating all together once you are married!)