Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Surprise and Relief

"Life's a voyage that's homeward bound."  Herman Melville



I was twittering away time until I could drive to the airport at 10:50 pm.   The doorbell rang at 8:30pm.  I was confounded,  the doorbell rarely rings!
I was in my nightgown relaxing until time to leave for the airport.


To my great surprise and relief the smiling face of my traveling daughter appeared through the door in the window!   She had changed her ticket for a direct flight from Dallas to Champaign  instead of going through Chicago has had originally been planned.   I was dumb struck.  I could hardly think  I was so happy.

She had to go back to the airport at 11:00pm to retrieve her luggage as the transfer of the luggage to the new flight just didn't happen.

Needless to say I stayed up way to late, looking at her video of bungee jumping in China and viewing all of her fabulous purchase and just generally enjoying being with her.

I thought about things that make me happy so I could find an image to go with this post.  I thought of sunrise and of autumn trees.  With the beautiful cool weather this morning  and more darkness indicating the glorious arrival of autumn,  I chose and autumn tree to show my happiness.

Peace and Happiness to all

No comments: