Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane


"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..."  John Denver  

This morning I got up before the sun to take my girl R and her two friends to the airport.  They are embarking on an exciting adventure to China.  They are going to be meeting a friend of a friend of R's,  he will be holding up a sign at the airport with R's name on it.  It's just like a movie!

I am so excited for her to have the opportunity to go to the Olympics.  It is a long trip to China. First they fly to Dallas Texas, then on to Tokyo Japan where that catch the flight to Beijing.  She will actually be living the same day twice due to the time change.  Isn't that an odd thing!

I like driving early in the morning just as the sun is beginning to rise.  It is a peaceful time of the day, before the hectic rush to work begins for the people of Urbana.  The quiet that surrounds is so tranquil.  It may be my favorite time of the day. Maybe I should start getting up that early regularly.

There was a misty fox hanging in the air around the airport, I am hoping that clears before her flight takes off.

I am going to miss my girl.  She is gone for 18 days  and I will have little contact with her. I know that they will have a grand time, but I will be glad when she is home.

No comments: