Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer Day


"In the summer, the song sings itself. " William Carlos Williams


Today is Friday, cause enough for celebration, the week end.  Today also happens to be Summer Day at my work place, extra cause for celebrating.

You see, we will grill hot dogs, share yummy food, and all celebrate glorious summer together  today. I rarely eat hot dogs, let's face it, they just aren't that good for you.  For a while I ate only veggie "dogs".  I was a vegetarian for a moment in time.  But today I plan on eating two hot dogs!  Yes one will be a chili dog with onions  and the other will be smothered in mustard, relish and onions,  no ketchup on hot dogs for me.

I have been looking forward to this relaxing celebration today.  I have been working like a dog!

I have been trying to get to the pool as often as possible.  I love the feeling of gliding under the water without a care in the world. The world's problems,  and my own problems seem to vanish under the water,  for about 20 laps of the pool.   Then to sit by the pool side and dry in the sun, reading a book, or just letting my mind wander, while watching the glistening water in the pool makes me feel happy.

I finally turned on the air conditioner at home.  My little dog had surgery and I thought he should recuperate in a little less humidity, besides the dew point is rising and the humidity is beginning to be oppressive.

I will have to do some work around the house this weekend, but I plan to visit the pool (if the storms pass us by on Saturday) and get in some relaxation!

No comments: