Monday, July 21, 2008

Balance?


"So divinely is the world organized that every one of us, in our place and time, is in balance with everything else." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




Lately, I feel like I am just plodding along, getting from one day to the next.  I work diligently while at work, then just sort of collapse at home.  I don't seem to have the energy to keep the house in order and work at 40-42 hour work week.

It may be due to the fact that I am very emotional right now.  Being single in my 50's and dealing with the occasional empty nest, 4 geriatric animals, and one mature animal,  the financial worries of living in this economy and the everlasting menopause are a lot for a girl to keep in balance.  Plus the fact that my oldest daughter is lightening her load  and has stacks of well loved toys and other stuff planted in the family room awaiting her garage sale next weekend  and the total overhaul of our 4th bedroom, which is used as storage really has me feeling in a state of disarray.

So this weekend, I  worked a little at home,  went to the movies with my youngest daughter to see The Dark Night(which by the way I highly recommend as the quality of the acting is outstanding with Christian Bale, Gary Oldman and Heath Ledger all giving extremely fine performances. But be warned that it is truly a dark film), went to supper with two of my fine girl friends and when the margarita's tasted more like Kool aid,  we decided to go back to my place to watch a movie and have a few drinks!  

 Now, like I said earlier, the house is crazy right now, along with the array of garage sale stuff, furniture and bins from the back room, we have  a dog who is running around with a lamp shade on his head and has to have his ear surgeries cleaned regularly, but I said " Well the place is a total wreck, but come on over and let's party"   Well we watched a good film and sipped drinks and talked and I was totally relaxed and had a great time.  I even threw in a trip to the pool during the afternoon on Saturday!  I mowed the lawn (as much as I hate to do that) on Sunday after church , went to supper with the girls and visited a friend for a while on Sunday evening.   I also got to read a fun book over the weekend!  I feel like I've  found  my balance again.

I let go of the worries about everything being perfect and just let life be.

No comments: