Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Satisfied

I have to say I am snow satisfied. The snow began last evening soft and small and light. It snowed all night, 3 inches by the time I woke for work.
My darling daughter Regena shoveled the drive while I prepared our lunch and breakfast to go for the day.

We drove on snow covered streets early in the morning. The car lights on the new fallen snow gave a luster to the beautiful morning. We had no trouble, it was an easy snow on which to drive.

We arrived at work and I opened the window shades, fairly soon the snowflakes were enormous and the scene outside the window was perfection.

So here again is my favorite Christina Rossetti poem (which is also a fabulous song that was done as a solo at church recently by a brilliant singer)

In the bleak midwinter
Frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron,
Water like a stone;
Snow had fallen,
snow on snow
Snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, Long ago.

If only i knew how to ski or snowshoe!

No comments: