Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Automobiles and random thoughts



"When Solomon said there was a time and a place for everything he had not encountered the problem of parking his automobile. Bob Edwards

"In my case, the listener is often in an automobile driving to work. You can concentrate on the road while still getting an audio message that can be riveting. Bob Edwards


Okay my thoughts are all over the place this morning, but all seem to be connected in some random way.
Firstly, my car is in the shop. My beloved Hero was coughing and spitting on start up, but then rallying and driving beautifully, so I took her to the car doctor to see what's up. Hopefully she will be back with me soon.

Secondly, I was talking to Steve just last night as he was chauffeuring me and my daughter around, about Bob Edwards from NPR and how I used to love waking up to the sound of his voice. It took me a few minutes to come up with his last name, but I had Bob. So what better quote to use about cars, than Bob Edwards. I thought that was pretty awesome to find those quotations, when I am thinking about my car and about Bob Edwards.

Thirdly, If I could afford a new car I might just go for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid!

Next, oh no! I have totally lost the last thought! Well I have to say at least that I have the best friends in the world and the best man. They rose to the occasion when i was in need and I thank them and love them.
Oh yes, I remember, I looked at the quotes of the day on this blog and saw Howard Nemerov, I actually met him and he spoke in one of my classes so many years ago. I was transported to a previous time with that quote and the love quote of the day

"Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other." Rainer Maria Rilke I love that quote and I find Ranier Maria Rilke very interesting.

I have a great dream post involving a giant Eagle and a stick man and dog, but I will save that one for another day.

No comments: