Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter


"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."  C. S. Lewis


When I was a little girl, Easter was a marvelous holiday.  I always got a new dress and new shoes and a purse and white gloves and a hat!  I loved dressing up and going to church.

Of course, the Easter bunny always made a grand appearance.  The eggs we had colored the night before were hidden around the yard.  We had a grand time hunting for those eggs.  To top it off there was a basket full of goodies, a chocolate bunny, jelly beans and those ever beloved Peeps.  Then there was a delicious dinner which included ham.

Easter is probably my very favorite of all holidays. Not only do I still love the Easter Bunny, the mass on Holy Thursday, is one of my favorites of the year.  Good Friday service is very special and then a glorius mass on Easter Sunday morning, brings with it the sound of trumpets, everyone dressed in their Easter Sunday clothes and a general feeling of well being.

This Easter sunday morning, Regena and I will attend mass then the Easter bunny will hide some plastic candy filled eggs (usually indoors now) for Regena to gather. Of course a wonderful array of Easter goodies will be found in her Easter Basket.  I will be making Ham and au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole, bunny bread, deviled eggs (of course) and Chocolate Pie and Lemon Meringue Pie.

Steve and his mom will be joining us this year.  How special for me to spend Easter with the people I love. Some of my loved ones will be absent, my family are doing their own things, haven't heard from Ryan yet, but he is probably working and Janet is off in Scotland enjoying Easter with some friends.  We miss her but know she is having a fantastic Easter too.( Don't worry, I mailed her Easter Basket early.)

Happy Easter!

No comments: