Monday, June 30, 2008

A Fleeting thing?


Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast-you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.  Eddie Cantor (1892-1964)   

Also known as stop and smell the roses.


Weekends, for all of us whose work week is Monday through Friday, are a glorious thing. I look forward to those two days when I can just do whatever I please. Sometimes that includes more work, like mowing the lawn or cleaning the house, which I always resent because I just want to play on the weekends.  

Friday came and I worked hard all day and I really wasn't feeling my best(female issues) so I wasn't up for much fun. J made us some vegetable soup and we watched a movie.  Just what was needed for Friday night after a long week.

Saturday found me again on the sofa watching movies and lazing about with all the animals while J and R did some errands and spent some sister time together.  We all planned to head to the movie theater to see WALL E at 5:00pm.   I always love to go the movies.  It is one of my favorite things to do in life.   I used to think it was stupid and wasteful to spend money on popcorn, but I now find it and essential part of the fun in movie going.  What a splendid time we had.  After the movie J and I went home and I cooked some supper and we played some games, Yahtzee and  Boggle and yes indeed we watched another movie!  A friend D decided he needed to visit us and came over to watch the movie with us.

By Sunday, I was feeling much better physically.  After church we came home, ate some eggs and got to work doing some of the sorting and sifting through years of stuff that have been accumulating in our spare room.  We also watched the final game of Eurocup 2008 and were ecstatic to see Spain take home the prize.  Then a late afternoon visit to the pool for a few laps (20 to be exact), then back home for supper, games and you guessed it, a movie!

All in all it was a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Jonathan and I walked to Basmati Sunday afternoon to have their lunch buffet, then we putzed around Am-Ko and Euro Mart before walking home. Exactly what I needed to feel relaxed and well-fed.