Friday, October 2, 2009

Embrace Change

"Nothing in the world is permanent, and we're foolish when we ask anything to last, but surely we're still more foolish not to take delight in it while we have it If change is of the essence of existence one would have thought it only sensible to make it the premise of our philosophy." W. Somerset Maugham

Embrace change. Change, the season from summer (if you could call it that) to glorious fall. This is one change I love to embrace.

Driving to work this morning I was listening to a story on NPR about Elderhostel. They have decided to change the name to Exlporitas. What I found very interesting about this report was the people, "older" so to speak who are appalled by this idea, thinking it will bring in the 20 somethings and they would feel old around them.

While I seriously doubt that 20 something will flock to Exploritas, because they have their own networks of international youthhostels to choose from, and I am certain they don't want to be sharing with the old folks, the interviews with the older females who travel made me stop and think about myself.

I just said to Steve the other day, " I don't do change well". I mean , I was upset that Victoria's Secrect put some spandex in their new line of underwear! After wearing the first new pair, I was totally thrilled with the change. After hearing the interviews this morning, I have decided that I will from here on out embrace change! I will learn to love it and quit moaning and groaning about why things have to change.

So if you hear me complaining because some change has occurred, you have my permission to slap me back to reality and tell me to embrace the change. I don't want to be one of those old woman who complain about EVERYTHING because they are afraid of change!



No comments: