Wednesday, November 2, 2011

FAT PANTS

"Here's what I tell anybody and this is what I believe. The greatest gift we have is the gift of life. We understand that. That comes from our Creator. We're given a body. Now you may not like it, but you can maximize that body the best it can be maximized." Mike Ditka


Needless to say,  I am feeling FAT!  This morning i put on my black jeans, which at one time i called my fat pants, because i had lost enough weight that they were baggy.  Well, I know i have been rather out of control lately,  and I keep making excuses, but the fact is I AM FAT!   I started a food diary, and have taken a long hard look at exactly what I am eating.  No wonder I feel fat!   I have gained back all the weight I lost, I have little desire to do much of anything and now I am flat out sick of the way I look.


Now I see this as a good thing.  Because  now I will take charge, get the will power fired up ( after all it really all comes down to will power,  I mean I know how to eat properly, but I just don't)  and give it a good try.


Partly I am blaming menopause.  Yes it is true things move around post menopausal,  and I am also blaming my alone time, which is a lot these days.   I will sit around in the evening and eat when i am not even hungry and i blame being alone so much for that, and the fact that I am a stress eater.


But, when you can't stand the way you look, and your fat pants feel tight in the morning, it really is time to get back on a healthy eating plan.  I need to turn down muffins and coffee cake at work  and grab a cup of green tea instead.  I need to grab a book instead of all those horrible things i have been eating in the evening.


         "Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading.
          I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning. " Thomas Jefferson


Yes I truly believe TJ.  My exercise routine has to get up to speed, once my injured ligament in the knee heals,  I am thinking next week for sure, starting out slowly.


So FAT PANTS,  watch out,   I am going to put you in the back of the drawer  and take out the jeans I bought last year and well actually can't zip now.

No comments: