Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Vacation at last


"Take rest:; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop ." Ovid



Finally, after a long time waiting, I have visited Cape Cod.

Steve, being the wonderful person he is took me on the most relaxing enjoyable vacation to the Cape.

I have seen whales in the wild. It was so thrilling. There is nothing like the Atlantic Ocean and being on a boat with the wind and the motion of the waves was both relaxing and thrilling. Days of picnics on the beach, walking hand in hand with the surf coming in at our feet, picking up rocks, lots and lots of waterworn pebbles that glisten in the sunling, igneous and metamorphic rock just waiting for me!

Lots of exercise to be had also, climbing 25 stories up the Pilgrim Monument to gaze at the panoramic view of Provincetown, not to mention walking barefoot in sand.

I got to eat simply scrumpous seafood, had my first whole lobster at the Lobster Pot. I devoured scallops and lobster and shrimp and mussels and oysters and fish!

Speaking of fish, stopped in at Capt. Kidd's in Woodshole, for lunch and had Bell Haven Ale from Scotland on tap with my fish and chips.

Enjoyed a lively time at Liam Maguire's Irish Pub in Falmouth. First night I had Sheperds Pie and the second visit to Liam's I had fish and chips.

I can now say that I have been on Martha's Vineyard. That was a fun trip over on the ferry then a day of walking. I have to tell you that we lunched at an Irish Pub, Danny Quinn's on the Vinveyard and I consumed a bowl of Guinness Stew with my Smithwicks!

Spending 9 whole days with Steve, just enjoying life, made me the happiest woman. It was terribly difficult to rejoin the working world, but alas it had to be done.

No comments: