Friday, May 8, 2009

Take me out to the ballgame

...Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks....

Oh the call of the ball park!  I have yet to visit the new stadium in St. Louis.

I really hope to get to a game this year.  Right now my team is at the top of the standings.

When I was a young girl I went to Busch stadium with my dad and mom.  Baseball was so much fun then.  It was a real treat to see Bob Gibson pitch a no hitter. In 1982 when the Cards won the World Series we drank champaign and sang Celebrate !   

 In 2006 I was in Scotland  getting ready to head back to the states, when I turned on the telly to get the news and  got to see my team win the world series! 

For tonight I will head over and see the U of I baseball team beat Ohio State. It should be a good night to eat hot dogs and cheer on my team.

1 comment:

Angie said...

tell me about the call of the ball park...i cannot wait to get to st louis and go to a game this summer. the new stadium is awesome. Go cards!!!