Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Vacation Much needed

"Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop." Ovid





Time for me to get out of town!  Eight short days  from now I will be on the way to Scotland.
Scotland is always a great place to go to rewind. It is so beautiful there and even though there will be lots of walking, and maybe some rain, 7 days in Scotland is just what the doctor ordered for this tired girl.

Don't get me wrong, I love work, I am grateful to have a job. But, getting away sometimes is a grand thing, for an emotional person like me.

This adventure puts me on a coach tour with a bunch of people i don't know, but am more than willing to get to know.   I will be visiting the castle in Edinburgh and spend some time in the highlands,  get to see the newly redone rooms in Stirling Castle and some time in Glasgow, to see museums and cathedrals i have never seen before.

I have been somewhat gloomy for a few weeks,  I miss having family in easy driving distance.  Sometimes i feel so alone.  I have great friends and I have Steve, but i miss seeing my family.


So I am ready for a re-charge, and Scotland is just the place to unwind.

No comments: