Friday, October 22, 2010

Autumn







"There is a harmony
In Autumn, and a lustre in its sky,
Which through the summer is not heard or seen,
As if it could not be, as if it had not been!"
Percy Bysshe Shelley




Autumn is absolutely my favorite time of the year.  This morning as I was driving in to work at six o'clock, in the cool crisp autumn air, a full moon was shining brightly in the western sky.  The light was shining through trees at times and I was again awestruck at the beauty of the morning.

I truly enjoy driving to work on nearly deserted streets, in the quiet of a cool dark morning.  Soon we will be turning those clocks back an hour and my drive to work will be more in the light.  So I am planning on enjoying every moment of the drive to work in the dark morning while I can.

So many things to do in the fall.  Like visits to the orchard, with a wagon load of fall mums, just waiting to add a splash of color in your garden  and  




picking apples

carving pumpkins and looking forward to Thanksgiving.


It is a wonderful time of the year.

No comments: