Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Snow


"Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village though; He will not see me stopping here To watch  his woods fill up with snow."  Robert Frost

The first snow of the season came on Sunday November 30th! Just in time for us to fell our Christmas tree. Okay, so we don't really cut one down anymore, but we brave the long drive over to Prairie Gardens and get a great Fir tree.  

I was quite surprised by the snow.  I have been quite out of touch with the world; no news, no weather, no blogging!  I have been living in a splendid world of my own.  The Thanksgiving break was much needed and while I exhausted myself cooking a fabulous meal, I had three more days to just kick back and relax.  

R, R, J and I put up the seasonal outside lights on Saturday.  Then we put up some indoor decorations.  On Sunday, Steve came in with the truck to help us pack our tree home.  We spent some lovely time with the girls picking out the tree and their yearly ornaments.

I am hearing that more snow is on the way this night.   I am loving it all and hope that we have some lovely snow for Christmas!

No comments: