Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumnal Equinox


There is a harmony
In autumn, and a lustre in it sky, 
Which through the summer is not heard or seen,
As if it could not be, as if it had not been!
Percy Bysshe Shelley



The autumnal equinox, September 22, heralds the beginning of autumn. Equinox literally means equal, equal daylight and nighttime hours.  As the days grow grow shorter and the night grows longer the earth is preparing for winter. As I left for work this morning I had to turn on my headlights.  The street lamps were still on and I felt that rush of peace and happiness that I get in Autumn.   Autumn is my favorite season. The trees on my street are beginning to show their color.  The air is beginning to feel crisp and cool.  While I didn't have to put on a jacket this morning,  I know the day will be here soon when I will have to don my fall jackets.


Now I have several posts rattling around in my head, but my exhilaration at the thought of the the beginning of autumn had to come forth today.  

Coming up later,  Road Trip  2 and 1/2 bottles of wine,  and something exciting about dating.

So Happy Autumnal Equinox to all!    


No comments: